Two Towns-One Book: Clifton Park & Halfmoon Read
A program of the Friends of the Library
A non-profit organization that supports the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Public Library
Thank you for your nominations.
Nominations for The BOOK 2014-15 are now closed.
The search for the perfect book for our 2015 Community Read began on May 4 with your nominations. Nominations ended June 14. During the summer months our Book Selection Committee is narrowing your nominations to five great reads. (Take a sneak peek at our TTOB Top 25 Books 2014.) Please return in September when voting will begin. The winner will be announced in November! More exciting, book-related events are coming up in 2015!
Second Annual Literary Trivia Walk: September 28
Celebrate the end of summer spending a nice morning walking with the family, while supporting our community read project!
Join in the fun! For details see Events.
Beekman 1802 Farm Trip: Final celebration of this year’s book – The Bucolic Plague
Thank you, Josh Kilmer Purcell and Brent Ridge, for welcoming Two Towns-One Book as the first private group (80 of us!) to tour your fabulous farm! Our TTOB Chairperson, Linda Conklin, worked with Rhona Koretsky to organize a perfect day of activities. We toured the farm, meeting the chickens and goats. Thank you, Megan and Farmer John. We lunched at the American Hotel in Sharon Springs while being entertained with stories and songs. Thank you, Doug and Garth. We shopped at nearby shops including Beekman 1802. Our trip back to the CPH Public Library included a quick stop at the Arkell Museum in Canajoharie. Fabulous Day!
For additional details visit Gail’s “Life As I See It” blog:
FOL Receives Stewart’s Holiday Match Funding!
Kids, Read, Too!, the children’s branch of Two Towns-One Book was awarded $750 by Stewart’s holiday match Program. Read more.
Important Dates for 2014-2015
· Book Nominations – May - June
· Book Evaluation & Selection of 5 Contenders – June - August
· Vote for Final Selection – September 11 – October 27
· Announce THE BOOK - November 1
· Events & Activities – January – May
How Can I Get Involved?
- We invite volunteers to work on sub-committees and events. Sub-committees include: Book Selection, Book Readers, Public Relations, Events, Fundraising, and Kids Read, Too! Contact Us.
- Get the BOOK! Check out a copy of the selected book or purchase your own copy at your local bookstore. The title will be available at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library in hardback, paperback and audio format. This title will also available as a Book Club in a Bag version, for book clubs wishing to check out multiple copies at once!
- Read! Join your family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors in reading the same book – together!
- Register your Book Club. We are happy to include book clubs from the surrounding area. Read more in About Us.
- Attend our related programs. See Events.
- Check out our web pages weekly and watch for the official schedule of events in January!
- Sign up to receive e-mail updates about TTOB related programs and events.
- Attend a Community Book Discussion. Official Discussion Questions for your own book group will also be available on the website.
- Become a Sponsor.
- Contact Us. Or contact Linda Conklin, Chairwoman of TTOB, at email@example.com.